Saturday, May 29, 2010

I am With Permit

So about a month ago, my mom and I drove to the DMV in Hurricane (it makes no sense to me why it is in Hurricane, I mean the place is microscopic and way far away from civilization), none the less, we finally got there. There was much anticipation as we got out of the car. I was there to take the driving permit test. In Utah, you have to have your permit for at least six months before you can receive your license. I had heard terrible stories of people failing the test...which also means you fail life. I had studied the handbook, and it ended up paying off! I got 90% on my test. The questions that I missed were about farmers and soldiers and army members in other states. As I don't plan on being either, I feel pretty good about the test. Still my mom wouldn't let me drive home. But once we got home, the entire family got in the Rodeo and we went for a drive for about an hour. I had three people telling me instructions, advice, opinions, and random nonsense (that part was Matt, the rest my loving mother and father). Overall, it went pretty well.

Since then, I have driven quite a bit. And if I do say so myself, I don't think I'm half bad! I'm sure some are smirking at this comment, but oh well. About a week ago, my mom presented me with a key to the rodeo. I have to admit, that having a key gives a strange sense of power! So of course I find some keychains that I want to use. I also admit that the ratio is off: 3 keychains to 1 actual key, but I felt that it was needed. In comparison, check out my mom's key ring! Those are some serious keys. When she tosses them to you, it is like hurling a spiky weapon at someone. Anyways, getting off subject. I like driving, I think it is really fun to be able to get myself somewhere. I still am not allowed to drive on the freeway, but my mom thinks I'm getting close.

Also an update: I'm out of school! I am now officially a sophomore, and go to Snow Canyon High school! I'm really excited for this next year. Yeah summer!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Tay, congratulations! I keep on trying to post comments (sorry I have not) but I never can figure out the letters. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you luck La! Thanks for being so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tay, love the post. Love that you are driving. love that your mom has a ginormous key chain. love that google didn't just underline "ginormous" which means it is a real word! (didn't know that) Love that lauren hasn't been able to post a comment because she can "never figure our the letters"...wow that makes me laugh. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feelin' the love Cami! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete